The Parish Council has 7 seats and its councillors are: Sarah Plater (Chairman), Mel Havelock-Crozier (Vice Chairman), Emma Godwin, Steve Jenkinson, Noel Talbot, Richard Birkin and Nigel Parry.
Next Council Meeting
The next Parish Council meeting will be held on Wednesday 1st September at 7.30pm and will be held face-to-face in the main hall at Colton Village Hall. Members of the public are welcome to attend to raise any items under Public Participation and to observe the main meeting. Exact arrangements will be publicised nearer the time, depending on the situation with any Covid restrictions at that time. For any further information, please contact the Clerk, Alison James at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07969 266779
Colton is a small village of around 700 inhabitants just over a mile north of Rugeley on the B5013 Uttoxeter Road which passes close to Abbots Bromley (of Horn Dance fame).
Between Colton and Abbots Bromley is Blithfield Reservoir, a storage reservoir for South Staffordshire Water. It was officially opened by the Queen Mother in 1953 who travelled by train to Rugeley Trent Valley station in the Parish of Colton for the occasion.
There is a regular train service between Stafford, Rugeley, Cannock, Walsall and Birmingham. There are also regular services to London (Euston)
Between Colton and Stafford on the A513 is Shugborough Hall (NT). Lichfield with its Dr. Johnson connections and the beautiful Cathedral lies 8 miles south of Rugeley on the A51.
Parish Council Meetings are open to the public with a short section at the beginning for Public Participation.