The Parish Council has 7 seats and its councillors are: Garren Edwards, Nigel Parry, Lynne Richardson and Noel Talbot, with 3 vacancies.
Expressions of interest are invited from those who may be interested in being co-opted as a councillor to fill the remaining vacancies. Please contact the Clerk or one of the councillors for further information.
Next Parish Council Meeting
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday 6th March at 7pm in the Bellamour Room at Colton Village Hall. Members of the public are welcome to attend to observe the meeting or to raise any items under Public Participation at the start. For any further information, please contact the Clerk, Alison James at email@example.com or on 07969 266779 or via the 'Contact Us' page on this website.
Colton is a small village of around 700 inhabitants just over a mile north of Rugeley on the B5013 Uttoxeter Road which passes close to Abbots Bromley (of Horn Dance fame).
Between Colton and Abbots Bromley is Blithfield Reservoir, a storage reservoir for South Staffordshire Water. It was officially opened by the Queen Mother in 1953 who travelled by train to Rugeley Trent Valley station in the Parish of Colton for the occasion.
There is a regular train service between Stafford, Rugeley, Cannock, Walsall and Birmingham. There are also regular services to London (Euston)
Between Colton and Stafford on the A513 is Shugborough Hall (NT). Lichfield with its Dr. Johnson connections and the beautiful Cathedral lies 8 miles south of Rugeley on the A51.
Parish Council Meetings are open to the public with a short section at the beginning for Public Participation.